Alfredo Sauce was basically introduced from Rome, in 1914 by a chef called “Alfredo”. At that time only parmesan cheese and butter was used to prepare Alfredo. But with the passage of time, it went through many variations and become a creamy and smooth recipe. Alfredo sauce is a versatile food item that can be served with a variety of foods such as pasta, chicken, meat, and steam vegetables. The best part is that it can prepare within a couple of minutes from a few basic ingredients.
Alfredo sauce can be made at home and also can be bought from the market. Readymade Alfredo sauce jars are also very rich in taste and healthy. There are many famous brands that prepare Alfredo Sauces.
According to Alfredo sauce wiki, only a few ingredients are required to make basic Alfredo sauce that is:
- 1 stick of butter
- I cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- A little amount of salt and black pepper
- Boiled water from cooking pasta
Some variations for versatile taste may include:
- Minced cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
Basic Steps to Make Alfredo Sauce Wiki Recipe
- Melt the butter on medium heat
- Stir parmesan cheese and cream in the melted butter
- Heat the mixture until few bubbles form, stir this mixture for almost eight minutes
- Add pepper and salt according to the taste
- If this mixture gets thicker then use boiled pasta water to thin Alfredo sauce.
- Now Alfredo sauce is ready to serve with pasta
Variations for Versatile Taste:
- Mince of cloves can add be add with butter and cook it for almost one minute.
- If you love citrus taste then you can add lemon juice in the sauce
- Small pinch of nutmeg can be added to the sauce at the time when the cheese is added. Nutmeg fits well with creamy Alfredo sauce
- Since heavy cream contains high fats, so you can use yoghurt instead of cream to make a low-calorie sauce. As a precaution add a small amount of flour when you add yoghurt. Otherwise, curdle of yoghurt will become when the cook at high heat and flour will help to prevent this clot formation.
- Traditionally only butter and cheese were used to make Alfredo sauce. That recipe was quite simple but rich in flavour, delicious, smooth, and loved by all. So if you want an old traditional taste of sauce then skip the use of parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and water from above-mentioned recipe and you can have that original traditional taste of Alfredo Sauce.